Friday, June 4, 2010

Trip to Jackson Airport






May 25, 2010. I was taking claire to the airport as she was heading back to Florida for a family reunion and to celebrate her Mom's 90th. birthday. I was not able to go since I am an Ass't Mgr. in our gift shop and we had new people to train. She had a real ordeal with plane delays, then in Atlanta someone picked her pocket and stole her two credit cards. This presented a real problem as she was to rent a car at the airport and you can only rent a car with a credit card. She was able to get a hold of our son, Rob who picked her up at 3:00AM. Needless to say Claire was pretty upset and it took its toll on her.

After I dropped her off I headed into Jackson Hole for lunch and to get a haircut. Yes I know, I don't have a lot of hair but at least I still have enough to get a trim. Jackson Hole is a neat little western town in Wy. The town square has four entrances and has a arch way made up of Elk antlers. The Elk drop their antlers in the winter and the Boy Scouts collect them in the spring.

Heading back to Yellowstone I stopped at Moose Junction where there is a Visitor Center, a place to eat, etc. They even have a Post Office. I was fortunate to see a female Moose in the woods. I was able to walk into the field to get a few photos. The male Moose has quite a rack but they are harder to find. Leaving Teton National Park I came across a black Wolf which I assume was the dominate Alpha Wolf. The Alpha Wolf gets to eat first then the rest of the pack is allowed to eat. This appeared to be a fresh kill as the carcass was still intact. There was no place for me to park so I was pretty much in the road. I would like to have stayed longer to see the rest of the pack come in to feed. Getting photos of Wolves in the wild is pretty hard has they tend to stay pretty much in the woods and seeing them you need a spotting scope. I was really excited about seeing this wolf up close, especially seeing a black Wolf.

Got back to the trailer just before dark and settled in to be a single guy for the week. All is well in Yellowstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment