Sunday, July 12, 2009

Life in Yellowstone








Well, it has been a while since I have given a report of our life in Yellowstone. I can't say that I have been having a lot of fun as I turned the wrong way and, yes, I pinched a nerve in my back. Now I walk around like an old man, hunched over, walking very slowly. I decided I would see a Chiropractor in West Yellowstone, Montana. I have been to see him 4 times now and I am starting to feel a little better. The good thing about this is the trip to W. Yellowstone brings us though elk, bison, and bald eagle territory. When we approached the area where the Bald Eagle has her nest we saw that she had left the nest to get food for her baby. We watched her grab a fish and bring it back to the nest to feed her baby. I was so excited to see her away from the nest that I sat down on the ground with my 400mm lens to get a shot of her in flight. Oblivious to my surroundings I soon discovered that a colony of large black ants were invading my body. Claire saw me jump up and start to beat my self to death. Fortunately for the folks who stopped to watch, I didn't have to strip off my clothes. Thankfully they were not red ants. As you can see from my photo I did get one shot of her in flight. We also did a mile hike to the Artist Paint Pots which were pretty neat. The bison was near a hot spring that gave off a nice warm mist. The bison was quite content enjoying natures steam bath. Life is good in this beautiful park. We thank God every day for allowing us to live and enjoy his creation. Last night Claire and I had steak on the grill, had our ipod playing, and yes, we even danced under the moon. Wine, steak, and nature at our front door, what else could we ask for. Every day is an adventure and we are so blessed that we have been given the opportunity to be in this beautiful park. Today is July 12 and we will be here until Oct. 6th. What will be around the corner?

1 comment:

  1. Haven't been here for quite some time. Saw those "oh ever so beautiful" snow photos. Seems like it was much colder this year than last year. The wildlife photos are fantastic :)

    anyway, hope you get well soon, grandpa! =)

    ReplyDelete