Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Snowy days in Yellstone






Today, June 10th. we were treated again with a morning snow. The last photo was taken through our RV window while we were having coffee. The other photos were taken by Claire on Sun. June 7th. Today Claire is off to work at the lodge which opens today. The other day while she was at the lodge stocking the shelves she was treated by a mother grizzly and her cub. They were taking a stroll towards the lake which is in front of the lodge. When she was leaving for the day a couple of Elk were grazing out front of the lodge. I was off that day and decided to take it easy as I have been nursing a head and chest cold.

Life in the park is a wonderful experience being in this beautiful park that was established in 1872. You can never reach a point where you have seen enough. The last week has been damp with snow at night and rain during the day. Watching the forecast the weather appears to be the same in sunny Florida except that the temp. is a bit warmer.

I have Direct TV here in the trailer and have been able to watch the Marlins. This has been a real treat for me. We don't get the basic stations such as channel 4, 6,7,10 etc. so I don't know what I will do when the Dolphins play. I will face that when the time comes.

We can't wait until the weather starts to get warm so that we can get on the bike and drive around the park. It is a real treat riding the cycle here in Yellowstone. You get a different feel for the park when you on the bike. We are also planning a few hikes on our days off.

Well my family and friends, Claire and I wish you all the best and we miss you all.

Signing off from God's country.

Dusty & Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment