Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My day in NYP




Driving in the park you never know what animals you might run into. I headed out to Lamar Valley with hopes to see some wolves but did not see any. I did run into a bear, bison, and coyote which I took pictures of. I also saw elk and a pronghorn. I was also hoping to see a black bear but they were hiding from me. This year it is much warmer.Last year it was still snowing up to the second week of June. The lake is no longer frozen over and much of the snow has melted. Today it is a bit colder with temps in the 40's.

Clare is now with me as she flew into Cody on Friday. She is getting our RV in ship shape. Work at the Hotel Gift Shop has been going well but we have noticed a drop in visitors. Clare will start work at the Lodge on Thurs.

Yesterday Claire, my self and a co-worker from Singapore went into Cody to do a little shopping. I will need to work the next 10 years to pay for all the stuff we bought. On the way to Cody we saw a bull moose which was pretty cool. The fires of 1988 had destroyed the moose habitat and they moved out of the park. Many can be found just outside of the park near Cody and Jackson Hole.

Now that Claire is here and work is becoming a little more stable we will start exploring and hiking the many trails here in YNP. Hey George, if you are reading this, what trails do you recommend?

I have today off but I have to go to a class today for Managers. This stinks,as I have to attend at least 5 more classes and all during my time off. Life for a Manager!!! Claire has some chores for me to do so I best sign off. Hope my family and friends a doing well. I miss you all.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I'm reading your blog. Delaney Creek Trail is a good one. . . not too hilly, but a great view of Shosone lake at the end. Slough (Slew) Creek is pretty also. Cacade Canyon or Death Canyon in the Tetons are two of my favorites. if you want a real challenge try Avalanche peak. Only two mile each way, but what a two mile trek going up! There is also a trail at the picnic area in Lamar Valley just past the turn at Roosevelt lodge intersection. Two miles out and two straight back with an overlook view of Tower Roosevelt from the other side of the yellowstone river. Give my best to everyone who knows me. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete