Sunday, August 30, 2009

I live with the Animals









The animals are now slowly coming around our RV park, especially the bison, elk, and deer. We were treated to a herd of bison that wandered through our park. They stopped to graze a bit just outside our door. The elk and deer have been paying us a visit. They ate Claire's flowers that she had outside. Early in the morning and late in the evening you can hear the bull elk bugling, as matting season is approaching. This morning when I was walking the dogs I saw two female elk in the woods. Going to work, which is about two miles away we usually spot deer, elk, bison, and some times a coyote. Thur. we took a bike ride into West Yellowstone Montana and got a few good shots of grey wolf and grizzly bear. We are now heading into Sept. which should produce cooler weather and snow. We are looking forward to seeing the aspen trees change color in Teton National Park. It won't be long before we hit the road again and head on home. I am not anxious to leave the park but anxious to see my family and friends in Florida. This has been an amazing adventure. Tues. we plan to go horse back riding to a cookout out provided for the guests of this park. Many of the wranglers are local cowboys. We have done this two time in previous years and it is a lot of fun. They cook steaks on the grill and brew coffee in large pots over an open fire. Also we get to see a lot of animals out there. We had Christmas in Aug. at our retail stores, and my store won first place for its decorations and the little skit that we put on. In the photo is me as Bob Cratchit, our store manager next to me as my little Tiny Tim, also Ebenerzer Scrooge, Jacob Marley, and the ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future. Tonight we have a retail pizza party at our pub and that will be fun. So its not all work, we get to play, hike, see animals, explore, have fun. Well this is it for now, hope you enjoy the photos.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone looks great. I realy wish I was there with you guys. Hope Caroline is healing. Tell her I hope she's back running the trails soon. Say "Hi," to Gary, Dona and Scott for me

    ReplyDelete